Continental was founded in 1930 with a single asset, 127,000 acres of contiguous freshwater marshland in Terrebonne Parish, LA (the Fee Land). Continental began investing in working interest oil & gas activities in 1976 and still retains working interests in several Gulf of Mexico legacy assets.
CL&F Resources LP was formed in 2001 as CL&F’s primary oil & gas working interest investment vehicle.
CL&F Operating LLC was formed in 2008 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of CL&F Resources to conduct subsequent acquisition and exploration and production activities in the interior basins of the United States, with operating capabilities in TX, LA, NM and OK. CL&F Offshore LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of CL&F Operating, was formed in 2015 as a vehicle for oil & gas investments in the Gulf of Mexico, both on the shelf and in deep water.
The CL&F entities enjoy substantial liquidity due to the long-term success of its oil & gas investment activities since 1976 and continued activities on its fee land in south LA.
- Acquisitions of long-lived onshore producing properties ranging from $10-$250 million (operated or non-operated) with upside drilling potential
- Joint Venture opportunities (operated or non-operated)
- Conventional and unconventional prospects within the onshore regions
- Drilling prospects along the Gulf Coast (operated or non-operated)
- Drilling prospect on the Gulf of Mexico shelf and in deep water (non-operated)